Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Citizenship test.

So the Australian government introduced a citizenship test late last year for new immigrants.

Can you pass this version of the test? Citizenship Test - Australian Test Practice Questions

I hope this is not the proper test as I scored dismally! How would anyone coming to Australia know or remember from studying who landed on the western side of Cape York Peninsula, the northern tip of Australia, in 1606 ?

Or my personal favourites from this test:

  • When did Caroline chisholm land in Australia?
  • When did a popular new literature emerge in Australia?
  • Which is the birth place of Sir Frank Macfarlane Burnet?

I don't even know who Frank is! I consider myself educated and intelligent and have no drama answering the questions on the Practice Questions for the Australian Citizenship Test page. Fingers crossed this is closer to the type of test people are likely to have to answer as opposed to the first one.


No comments: