21 pieces of advice...
...your mum should have told you
There’s some life advice you’ll only ever learn from your mum, bless her! But we’re not always listening when she shared it. Here’s a quick refresher…
1. Got the hiccups? A spoonful of peanut butter will stop them in their tracks.
2. Avoid chipped nail polish by dipping your nails in cold water when you’ve finished painting them.
3. Pouring white wine over a red wine stain will save your clothes from a messy death. We’re serious! Rinse the white wine out then machine wash as normal.
Hit the link below for the remaining 18.
4. If you sit in gum, pop your pants in the freezer for a few days. This freezes the chewy solid and it should peel off easily.
5. Chill your used tea bags and use tem to get rid of eye puffiness.
6. Leftover takeaway does not improve with age. Store your Chinese/Thai/Indian leftovers in a glass or porcelain dish (seal with cling wrap) and eat within 24 hours.
7. At a barbecue, put some freshly chopped mint in a vase to keep the flies and mozzies away. They hate the smell.
8. For brighter clothes, add about 1/3 cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle when washing.
9. Keep two chopping boards in your kitchen (one for meat, one for vegies) and as they become overscored (with cutting marks), replace them. Bacteria breeds inside the scores.
10. Stop your mirrors from fogging up by applying a thin film of shaving cream or liquid soap. Use a lint free cloth too.
11. Stop your potatoes from sprouting green shoots by storing them with an apple.
12. Got ants? Find out where they’re coming from, then sprinkle a trail of sage, cinnamon or pepper around these areas.
13. Constantly talking on the phone will clog your pores.
14. Possums on the roof driving you nuts? Mix a little olive oil and chilli powder and sprinkle it around the gutters. They’ll soon vacate the premises.
15. Seal bananas in a brown paper bag if you want to speed up the ripening process.
16. Onions won’t make you cry if you store them in the fridge and peel them under cold running water.
17. If you spill wax on the carpet, place a piece of brown paper on it and iron lightly on low heat. The wax will stick to the paper.
18. Microwave lemons for 30 seconds before squeezing to get more juice out of them.
19. Clean up rusty pots and pans by rubbing half a potato dipped in baking soda over their wet surfaces.
20. The key to cooking the perfect steak is to only turn it once.
21. Your candles will burn a lot longer if stored in the fridge until just before use.
Monday, January 12, 2009
21 pieces of advice...