Saturday, June 07, 2008

What the heck??

Some days I am amazed that people wonder "how did the level of obesity get this bad". Here's part of your answer... Is this sort of thing actually sold here in Australia or is it the sole joy of our American cousins?





Yep... that is one "death in a box" meal. However, I'm not sure what I am more grossed out by the nutiritional content - or lack thereof - or the idea of microwaving the contents instead of cooking from scratch... Microwave pancakes - gross!


Edit: One man's experience of the Hungry Man Meal. Found this on the net and it is quite a funny breakdown of the meal.

And while I am at it... Can one of my American friends please tell me what the heck is this? The Jimmy Dean's Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick. No really you did read that correct!

Your favorite breakfast foods are even easier to eat. We wrapped a delicious sausage inside a sweet pancake, and put it on a stick to make it portable.







In the words of an anonymous contributor to a junk food blog:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, what's next? Chocolate covered deep-fried twinkies with bacon grease in place of frosting?

Makes my breakfast this morning of a banana, an apple and 2 pieces of gluten free sultana toast look rather boring now.

No comments: