Friday, September 04, 2009

Aimee Mann show...

Saw Aimee Mann last night - her first show ever in Australia! It was amazing. She played what the crowd wanted to hear and a third of the show was by request. The set list for Mr Benoy's enjoyment!

Can't believe she played so much from Magnolia - I loved it!

Set List.
The Moth (Lost in Space)
Momentum (Magnolia Soundtrack)
Build that Wall (Magnolia Soundtrack)
Nightmare Girl (Lost In Space - 2 CD Special Edition)
Par for the Course (I'mwith Stupid)
Amateur (I'm with Stupid)
This Is How It Goes (Lost in Space)
Wise Up (Magnolia Soundtrack)
I Was Thinking I Could Clean Up for Christmas (The Forgotten Arm)
Invisible Ink (Lost in Space)
Mr Harris (Whatever)
Save Me (Magnolia Soundtrack)
You Could Make A Killing (I'm with Stupid)
Columbus Avenue (@#%&*! Smilers)
Freeway (@#%&*! Smilers)
Driving Sideways (Bachelor No. 2 or, the Last Remains of the Dodo)
Coming up Close (Til Tuesday - Welcome Home)
Today's the Day (Lost in Space)

...........

Voices Carry (Til Tuesday - Voices Carry)
One is the Loneliest Number (Magnolia Soundtrack)
Thirty One Today (@#%&*! Smilers)

3 comments:

cja said...

Hi. Aimee's my favourite singer and my Dad lives in Brisbane he so thought he'd go to see what she's like. He said he thought he might have liked it except that her voice was drowned out by the instruments. Did you think this too?

I saw her in London last year and she was incredible.

Kratzy said...

Overall the show was amazing - but we have never seen her in these necks of the woods! She could have recited the menu at Macdonalds and I would have been in awe! Hahaha! Loved the show.

Michelle Auer said...

She is one artist that I have never seen live but have heard so many great things about that I would LOVE to see her! You never hear about her having a bad show.