Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all... And to all a good night...


Merry Christmas!

I cannot believe how quicky this year has passed us by. I am certain someone stole a few months somewhere along the way. However... be that as it may the year has nearly finished and we are looking straight down the barrel of 2009.

2009 will bring with it a whole new world of challenges. I will be getting married in 6 weeks - again where have the past 18 months gone? Catering is still up in the air but everything else is under control. Fingers crossed it will all happen smoothly on the day.

Following that is the joy of Malaysia. With health issues throwing a spanner in the works we will still be enjoying the orangutans, proboscis monkeys and tarsiers of Borneo in February. I cannot even start to tell you how happy I am to be taking a month off work! This will be an amazing trip.

So what did I acheive in 2008... I hate this part... Apart from teaching Nia on a part time basis and starting a new job in policy, 2008 has been a pretty "nothing" year. I am quite happy to see the back of it actually.

I stepped down from repsonsibility at Zonta mid way through the year which was a nice relief. I discovered the music of the Great Lake Swimmers - who I love. I read a lot more books than I have done in recent year.

Today I am trucking off from work around 11:30am. Heading to the Gold Coast beaches for a picnic with friends. Tonight will be church service at 11:30pm and Christmas morning spent with Mark's family. Lunch will be in Brisbane so it will be an hour's drive before spending the afternoon with my family. Home in the evening to spoil my baby cat silly with tuna and many snuggles.

Hope your day is peaceful, filled with love and great food.

No comments: