Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nia class.

I had the BEST Nia class last night. I went to the class dragging my heels, really not wanting to be there, dog tired and quite cranky really.

I got there, found a space on the floor and read a book for 15 mins before the students arrived. All the time ticking through my head "I really don't want to be here". Students arrived and the class commenced. By the second bar into the first track I felt all my worries and cares float away and a release through my body.

At the end of the class I spoke to the students, thanking them for the energy they gave me and helping me to get over a small slump in mood.

It always amazes me the strength of power that combined energy and sense of community brings with it. Without community you are just one single solitary body. With community you sense the transfer of energy and the combined force it brings with it.

I walked home with a spring in my step and a song in my heart.

No comments: